Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

Castillo managing partner vitami. Source llc. May be audited

Customer Question

Castillo managing partner vitami. Source llc. May be audited by my partners. My brother and I own 51% of the business
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have run the business for 10 years always in the negative, but my brother and myself have out a lot of money into the business. Barely paying ourselves for years. The other partners never came around and now want to have a forensic tax lawer look at our books.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Business Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

I understand your frustration. Under the law minority shareholders do have a right to the financials of the company. They have a right to ensure that the company is being run very well and it is not necessarily contingent on their level of involvement. Your corporate by-laws should account for this, but if they are silent, then your state business code usually reserves this right.