Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

Got sent to wrong destination to get on a cruise ship.was

Customer Question

got sent to wrong destination to get on a cruise ship.was booked through RCI and motel after cruise.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If RCI sent you to the wrong destination, they are liable to you for all of the costs incurred for their mistake. This includes refund for the cruise if you missed it, refund for the motel after the cruise and any other directly related expenses to that trip.
You will have to sue them in AZ, that is why no attorney in OH wants the case, because AZ is the proper jurisdiction where you have to file suit.
However, before you do that, you can file a complaint against them with the AZ Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit as they will work to assist consumers in resolving these matters. If they cannot resolve it, then you need an attorney in Phoenix/Scottsdale to file suit against the company for breach of contract and also "unfair and deceptive practices" which entitles you to seek triple damages plus attorney's fees.
You can get a local consumer attorney in AZ at the same sites used by other attorneys, or