Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

My parents are from a small town in Mexico and the nearest

Customer Question

My parents are from a small town in Mexico and the nearest bank is about an hour away. People who are from the same town and are living in the US typically send money to their family members bi-weekly. I'm trying to create a business where family members here deposit money to a business account, and for a small fee have a worker in Mexico deliver the funds to the family member. I want to know how to do this the right way without there being any legal issues.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
As long as you are not bringing in a total of more than $10,000 at one time, you can have a business whereby you employ people to deliver the money to family members. You would need to have a bond, in case one of those employees steals the money they are delivering as part of your business. There would not be any legal issues as long as you do not send in more than $10,000 at one time.