KJLLAW, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW

I am currently involved in a dba with two other people. I am

Customer Question

I am currently involved in a dba with two other people. I am wanting to exit the dba for several reasons and all people involved are in agreement on the terms of the exit - how do I go about making it legal and removing myself from tax liability etc?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Expert:  KJLLAW replied 7 months ago.
If you had an agreement with the other parties, the right of withdrawal from the business partnership would be outlined. If there is no agreement then you can write a letter to the business stating that you would like to withdraw from the partnership/association. If your name is ***** ***** documents filed with the IRS then you would have to amend the filing to remove your name.I hope this helps.