Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

In Singapore, if spyware is installed on a spouse's mobile

Customer Question

In Singapore, if spyware is installed on a spouse's mobile phone without knowledge and consent and subsequently, there are incriminating messages on whatsapp about that spouse having a relationship with someone. Can what was discovered be used in divorce proceedings in Singapore? Has there been any breach of privacy, personal data or computer misuse laws in Singapore?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, just wanted to find out what the position is in Singapore and the implications.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: just basically that that spouse is suspected of having a "relationship" with someone else.
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. JustAnswer currently has no experts from Singapore in the legal categories. I can help you, but I am located in USA. Would this be acceptable?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.