Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

I have a variable universal life insurance policy that I've

Customer Question

i have a variable universal life insurance policy that I've always paid my premium and I've never borrowed against it . . . a month ago I was sent a billing that said if I wanted to make sure the policy stayed in force until I hit age 75 I would need to pay an addition 400 bucks a month. Right now I'm paying an annual fee of 2400 per year. I was NEVER told anything like this could or would happen.
JA: OK. The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Corporate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: the agent that originally sold me the policy retired about three years ago . . . I now have a new agent that is playing dumb.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 8 months ago.

What is the name of the company?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans

Have you reviewed your pension contract? Do the pension contracts address any change in premiums prices?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No . . I received my annual billing a month ago and before I had paid it another billing came with this strange explanation that I would have to make another payment in order to guarantee my policy would remain in effect until age 75. It seemed odd to me so I contacted my agent . . . thats when I was given this information . . . nothing about "pension" has ever been mentioned.
'

It appears that the company is engaging in deceptive business practices. A bad faith insurance attorney may be willing to represent you regarding this egregious policy to increase premiums to qualify for benefits that you believed you already qualified for. What state are you located in?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nebraska

Here is a link to some bad faith insurance attorneys that could hear your matter and potentially represent you on a contingency basis:http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/bad-faith-insurance/nebraska-city/nebraska

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.