KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I am a commercial tenant. There are leaks in my roof. I have

Customer Question

I am a commercial tenant. There are leaks in my roof. I have contacted my landlord several times about the issue. Each time, he has sent one of his workers to the roof to "repair" the leak, only to have the issue reappear when the next rain comes. How many times can he do this? How can I get a guarantee that the work is done correctly?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 9 months ago.
The landlords duty to repair is governed by the lease, unlike residential tenants whose lease terms are governed by statute.Most commercial leases have a provision that addresses notice to the landlord and tenants remedies. Since you have given the landlord notice of the roof leak, he is under a contractual obligation to repair. Check your lease for yours rights as to withholding rent or constructive eviction if landlord fails to remedy.