Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I recently worked company as an independent contractor

Customer Question

I recently worked for a company as an independent contractor virtual assistant. Now that I have left they are trying to say that when I was hired I signed a non -compete agreement and that I cannot work anywhere virtually and/or a brick and a mortar business doing any of the services that they provide which is pretty much everything for a period of 2 years. Will this hold up?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

Did you actually sign a non-compete agreement the type of terms that you have described?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe so. I signed one when I was working there... they sent me a copy of attached below.

I am not permitted to review actual documents for JustAnswer.com customers, so I will opt-out of your question, at no charge to you and will open your question up to other legal professionals.

Thank you and good lucj!

Expert:  MDLaw replied 9 months ago.

I see that the previous attorney opted out. Please keep in mind that we cannot give you legal advice. I can, however, tell you what the non-compete laws are in your state. Would you like to continue?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im in Ky and they are in Delaware does that make a difference also?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 9 months ago.

What matters is the law that governs. Before I begin my research, please let me know if you want me to continue and that you understand that we cannot give legal advice. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thats ok I dont wish to continue at this time. Will I still be charged?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 9 months ago.

No.