Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

Will the rule 509 you just sent me also answer my last

Customer Question

Will the rule 509 you just sent me also answer my last question of whether or not the corporation, if I include them in the suit, could in fact force the small claims court action into a higher court for adjudication, thereby, in effect, forcing me to drop my suit altogether?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I thought you were asking if they could force into the higher court because they're a corporation and corporations usually need a lawyer. The answer to that is no, because of Rule 509.

Theoretically, they could force you into a higher court by filing a counter suit against you for more than $7,500, but they'd have to be able to assert a good-faith basis for claiming that you owe them that much money.