Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I got into linge business and my partner behind my back sold

Customer Question

Kim I got into linge business and my partner behind my back sold his portion of busienss and current owner had no idea and my question to u is am i legally owner of this establishment
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The current owner of bar had no idea i invested into business and the guy who i got into business with sold his share and now the current owner is telling me he not resposible to pay me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

You will have to file suit against your other partner as he had no right to sell your interest. You could also name the biyer since he failed to do his due diligence of the business. Most of the time these cases settle. You should hire an attomey as you would likely be awarded attorney fees.