Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I am self-employed and provided marketing research services

Customer Question

I am self-employed and provided marketing research services for startups and small business. (I sort of stumbled into this. I did not mean to be a business. But here I am.) I have operated under my own name without a business entity for over a year. Now I would like to add an additional "arm" business, which will involve manufacturing or buying products, sometimes overseas, and selling them to wholesalers and directly to consumers through e-commerce. The administrative part of his new business is complex, and I will need to have a "real" business name to survive. My other concerns are liability (this is new risk) and of course tax, which is eating me alive right now. At present my overhead is minimal, but that too will change. My husband and I file a joint tax return right now. I'm sure you will need more information -- feel free to ask.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. What exactly is your question, please? What information are you seeking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry! I was focused on providing the background -- forgot to ask the question.What structure makes the most sense for my business? Most freelancers are LLC, but the benefits of that seemed limited here in MN. Thank you.