Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

In June I was pressured into signing up and contracting

Customer Question

In June I was pressured into signing up and contracting for additional points at Club Wyndham. It was financed and they are charging it to my credit card. Also, the maintenance fees are being charged. Can I just cancel the credit card and not pay them? What will happen?
JA: OK. The Corporate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Corporate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Like what? I have purchased from them on three different occasions. The first time with my husband who died the next year. Then again when I was told they would let me take my dog (which they will not) and then recently when they told me I needed more points to upgrade so I could make reservations earlier. It is nearly impossible to find any available units anywhere at anytime.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Corporate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

You could do that if you do not intend on paying. Cancelling your credit card would take aware your payment method. If you signed a contract then you would be personally liable for the terms of the contract and simply not paying and cancelling the credit card will not release you from the terms of the contract. This could effect your credit if you do not pay according to the contract or they could possibly sue you for nonpayment depending on the terms of the contract you signed. It is also possible that you can cancel this arrangement, you need to rad your contract/agreement to be sure.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Was that the answer you were looking for? Did you have any further questions?