Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Can I create a business c corp with me as the only member

Customer Question

Hi!
Can I create a business c corp with me as the only member and then, underneath it, I can create S corp where the partners have bigger share of at least 20% to get the loan and I will hv less than 20% share but the s corp will be under the bigger umbrella of my c corp. This s copr will borrow and get a loan for 1 location business but, they wont get entire company and wont go and betray me and learn and get other things from my other projects.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist .

Each corporation would be totally separate from the other unless one corp was actually an owner/shareholder of the other corp. However, if you're wanting to keep your properties separate from one another, then the simplest thing could be to set up a new company for each business location that you have....

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

If I'm not quite getting what you're asking, please respond with additional information and I'll try to respond. Thanks.