Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I took over an existing business that I worked in yrs. on

Customer Question

I took over an existing business that I worked in for 24 yrs. on 4/1/14. I was doing just fine until my lease came up on 4/1/15 and they did not renew my lease and I had to relocate to another location which put me six months behind financially. I remained steady from then until a few months ago. As I said, i became financially behind after the move, and with help of MCA lenders that funded me I was able to survive until now. But, now I am afraid I am in days away from defaulting. I have three. I am just making enough now to pay the daily pull via ACH from my checking account. I need help. Can a lawyer help me to avoid being sued or harassment or even lawsuits where they'll take my business. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I live in Northen California. One of the MCA is in CA and the other two are in New York.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

You may want to consider filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy to reorganize the business debts. This would give you a breeding room to work out arrangements with your creditors.

You can use the following sites to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys:

Nacba.org

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com