Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a DBA with my ex husband. I want to get s name off of

Customer Question

I have a DBA with my ex husband. I want to get his name off of the bank account. Do I need to file for another DBA, and what is that process?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The DBA has both of our names on it. How do I get his name off? Or can I go to the bank and open another account without hime being present?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Business Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Was the DBA divided in the divorce, since it is a marital asset?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
but it doesn't state the DBA specifically, it just says the general business assets. He is willing to sign anything needed, I just don't know where to start
Thank you for your reply.
If it says business assets, then he merely needs to sign a document stating he resigns from the DBA and you can go to the bank and seek to remove him from the account as a DBA officer. You do not need to form a new DBA, you can simply remove him from the documents with his letter of resignation.