Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

I am trying to clean up paperwork existing LLC in CA. #1. A

Customer Question

I am trying to clean up paperwork for an existing LLC in CA.
#1. A Statement of Information has not been filed in 10 years. What can the penalties be.
#2. We sell digital goods so never obtained a business license, I wanted to verify that this is accurate. Currently when you look up our organization it shows our license was suspended by the Franchise Tax Board, probably from an unpaid tax that has since been paid. How can I fix this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me to do some brief research on the issues and get back to you shortly. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much more time do you think you will need? Thank you

I apologize for the delay this question got lost in the database.

#1 $250 penalty after notice is received from the Secretary of Sate regarding the late filing.:https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/SOS-Penalty.shtml

#2 You need to contact the Franchise Tax Board and request that they remove the suspended status of the company which should be done immediately.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.