CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
71563194

Business name help. I have difficulty in deciding my

Customer Question

Business name help. I have difficulty in deciding my business names. Can some one help? It will be an enterprise to hold sub business in construction, real estate investment, property management.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Congratulations on starting your new enterprise.

California actually has some very good resources to help you in starting your new business. Here is a link to the California Office of Business and Economic Development that can help you with this (including selecting a name): http://www.business.ca.gov/startabusiness.aspx

If you intend to use an LLC or a Corporation, you will also want to check name availability for those entities with the California Secretary of State (to make sure you are not using a name that is already in use) here: http://www.business.ca.gov/startabusiness.aspx

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi William,Thanks but I need some suggestions in business names ideas. Can you help?

Unfortunately, I cannot name your business for you (that is something that is outside the scope of a "general information" forum). A local attorney could provide you with that type of formal/specific advice and instruction.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).

Alternatively, you could speak with CPAs, or talk to your local Chamber of Commerce for help with marketing ideas (the Chamber of Commerce is an excellent place to go for help with this kind of information (they generally charge a low fee for new enterprises and have a wealth of information and resources that are local and specific to your community).