How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 40113
Experience:  I have 30 years as a business lawyer in Texas
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a bid document ---I gave them money as a down

Customer Question

Customer: this is a bid document for trusses---I gave them money as a down payment but they were to give me a bid so that I could either accept or not. the amount of the cost to construct the truss my be over or our under priced. If over I should have the write to not purchase their truss and take a lower. bid form another company. This is in the state of Florida They are way over priced compared to a competing vendor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They want to keep the whole deposit and not refund nothing and it say 15% of the total price or a 500 minimum or $500.00 will be by the purchaser for job cancellation
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: not in a hurry I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you .Here you can sue them in small claims to seek to recover your deposit above what was stated.They are in breach of contract. Small claims here can be done by you without a lawyer.You can seek a judgment for all you are owed and court costs as well.You can then seek to collect your judgment . This is your remedy here to resolve this if they will not refund your money.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again for the chance to do so.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you give me your state I can get you small claims forms, thanks..