Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

In texas can a individual judgment be used to financially

Customer Question

Customer: in texas can a individual judgment be used to financially hurt your company
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an issue. 14 years ago my old company with a partner was dissolved as a result of an impasse. with that, the company left many debts outstanding. I have started a new corporation, however, those debts still haunts me. the judgment against me is for a substantial amount of money. if they go after the corporation that was not a party to the judgment, can the receiver confiscate the company assets.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

To confirm, the judgment is entered against an individual and not against the corporation.