Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

Want to file a small claim against an LLC that has merged

Customer Question

want to file a small claim against an LLC that has merged with another LLC and they've created a new business name...do I file the claim against the new company or the LLC that I dealt with?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

What you want to do in this situation is name them both as defendants in your claim. There is no reason for you to have to figure out their ownership issues and who merged with who; rather, you can simply name them both and let the judge figure out which is the obligated entity.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!