Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Need to file a motion to strike tax lien sale. a very simple

Customer Question

need to file a motion to strike tax lien sale. a very simple form in Philly but since the property was owned by our LLC I have been told that it must be filed by a lawyer.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We own a property in Philly that was sold for taxes owed. We had an agreement with the city but we had to make a partial pay and the city sold the property without any notice. I have forms for filing "a motion to strike" but....... I was told that since the prop is owned by our LLC that we need a lawyer to file for us. Two attorneys want thousands, this is ridiculous !!! All I need is an attorney with his business ID to initiate the filing. I will do all the running & phoning. I have plenty of info to back my case. I really DON'T need legal representation.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, under the PA law, an LLC has to be represented by a licensed PA attorney in any legal proceedings in court, so I am afraid there is no other option, aside from hiring a local attorney to represent the LLC.

You can find an experienced and skilled local real estate law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to real estate law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.