How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Esquire Your Own Question
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 16558
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Alex Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to file a motion to strike tax lien sale. a very simple

Customer Question

need to file a motion to strike tax lien sale. a very simple form in Philly but since the property was owned by our LLC I have been told that it must be filed by a lawyer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We own a property in Philly that was sold for taxes owed. We had an agreement with the city but we had to make a partial pay and the city sold the property without any notice. I have forms for filing "a motion to strike" but....... I was told that since the prop is owned by our LLC that we need a lawyer to file for us. Two attorneys want thousands, this is ridiculous !!! All I need is an attorney with his business ID to initiate the filing. I will do all the running & phoning. I have plenty of info to back my case. I really DON'T need legal representation.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, under the PA law, an LLC has to be represented by a licensed PA attorney in any legal proceedings in court, so I am afraid there is no other option, aside from hiring a local attorney to represent the LLC.

You can find an experienced and skilled local real estate law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to real estate law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Business Law Questions