MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I would like to license my sales training programs to other

Customer Question

I would like to license my sales training programs to other businesses around the country. I have an online training program and many other programs they can learn and teach locally. My main desire is to license the material and train the businesses on how to sell the material I have. I would like to sell a license for $35,000 per year per location. There would be a limit to 100 locations across the US. The license would expire at the end of 1 year upon which they can renew if they choose. I would like to look into having a 3 year initial agreement. Let me know if this is possible.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If your question is whether this type of franchise/licensing agreement is permitted per the law, the answer is yes. You are free to structure the licensing agreement any way you see fit. The only issue you may run into is whether it would remain attractive to your client base to go into the licensing agreement with you (depending on how the numbers shake out). However, you are pretty open/free to do as you please.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you - What is an approximate charge to set up a licensing agreement like this?

It depends on how in depth the agreement is. An attorney will likely bill you hourly for this type of work. Depending on the complexity of the agreement, it could be anywhere from a couple of thousand dollars for a simple agreement to the tens of thousands for something much more complex.

Also, the attorney's experience, time practicing, etc. comes into play as this would increase their billable hour cost.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
perfect - Thanks for your answer. One last question. Do I have to use a lawyer within my own state to write this up or can I hire someone out of my state?

You should use someone within your own state, but you are free to hire an out of state lawyer.