Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a tobacco and vapor store in the state go georgia. I

Customer Question

i have a tobacco and vapor store in the state go georgia. I have a website where is sell electronic ciggs and accessories online. Is it possible to sell cigarettes, tobacco and accessories online ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you sell tobacco online, then you need to pay taxes in each state where you sell the tobacco (since tobacco taxes are state taxes and you cannot sell them across state lines, you must pay tax in the state where you are selling and that is why most places do not sell them in that manner). Cigars generally are exempt from tobacco taxes, so those can be sold online. Accessories for cigarettes and cigars and other tobacco products can legally be sold online and across state lines.