Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

In August I red a landscape service to mow a postage stamp

Customer Question

In August I hired a landscape service to mow a postage stamp sized lawn at a house I own but do not occupy. I said it was FOR SEPTEMBER ONLY and the man agreed with a handshake. He sent his bill for $151.,20 which was excessive, but I paid it. The, early in Nov I got a second bill. I called and a woman answered I told her I had NOT hired any mowing for Octiber, hgass stops growing anyway and I would not pay this, and no more service. NOW I just got a bill for nearly $375 for mowing and Fall cleanup How do I keep these,.people OFF my property and stop this billing for services I never asked for?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Send them via certified mail a letter pointing out that you did not subscribe to seasonal service and to immediately discontinue any further landscaping service to your property.

You can decline to pay for the services which were not authorized. They will not be able to produce a written contract for seasonal service.