Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

I had an operating agreement as a partner in a LLC. In the

Customer Question

I had an operating agreement as a partner in a LLC. In the agreement I was to be paid $50,000 per year. The contract stated that I was to be paid in the usual manner as all employees of the LLC. The other member of the LLC said I was not to have taxes taken out and was to pay my own taxes(self-employment) which reduced my actual net pay considerably. He also took all of the loss of the corporation but I was 50% owner in the operating agreement. Recently the other member of the LLC dissolved our operating agreement.
My question is, since I am still on a loan agreement and 2 leases can I request to be removed from them and can I ask that he pay taxes that should have been paid for the last two years.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, however, did you personally guarantee the loan and lease agreement? Or did you sign the loan and lease agreement as authorized representative of the LLC?

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.