CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
71563194

After 4 years since the question has been posed, does there

Customer Question

Customer: After 4 years since the question has been posed, does there exist evidence regarding the legitimacy of TruQuill?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am considering using this service fro an apartment as I have a Chapter 13 issue which so far caused a decline response frm the credit check process. By the way my Name is Gerry
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

This is an actual company, there are several complaints about the way they conduct business on the BBB (See: http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/apartment-finding-and-rental-service/truquill-llc-in-chicago-il-88435172/complaints#breakdown), so I would strongly recommend that you review any contract terms prior to paying anything. Ensure you understand all terms and conditions, if you have questions, get clarification in writing.

Most landlords are willing to extend a unit to a debtor that is in a Chapt. 13 bankruptcy as long as the plan is in good standing, and they have sufficient income to pay for the unit.

If you have other financial obligations or issues outside of the Chapt. 13, you may want to try to address those yourself first - as your prospective landlord is still going to be looking at your finances when approving a rental application.