Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

What is the minimum dollar amount that requires a written

Customer Question

What is the minimum dollar amount that requires a written contract in Connecticut
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

There is no minimum dollar amount for a written contract. There are certain categories of contracts that have to be in writing. There is a statute called the staute of frauds that sets those categories out. It is 52-550. Here is a link to the statute. https://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap923.htm

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.