Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

What is the best way to ensure that I get what I want when

Customer Question

What is the best way to ensure that I get what I want when ordering custom goods from China? I want a container load of construction goods, sheds actually (like Tuff Shed)
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1. This is a very broad open-ended question that most experts will shy away from answering. If you want to narrow it down to a specific area of concern, we may be better able to assist you...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm wanting to order container loads of these sheds. I'm not comfortable sending $20K to a company I do not know, because I know fraud is rife in China. What is the best process to ensure I get the supposedly great prices I am being offered? I can email you a picture of what I want, but I don't see any way to attach anything here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
here is a basic parts list and drawing. I want 10 of these. $20K. We would all wish it was as simple as sending money and trust it to happen. Do I do a letter of credit? How do I do escrow? They are asking for 40% up front, and 60% when loading the container. There are inspection services I can use for $250 per visit, but I'm new to this.

Thank you for the clarification. I certainly understand where you are coming from. However, I have little experience in this area. I will opt out and let another expert take a shot. Your deposit is still in place and you need not do anything further.