Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I contracted a roofer to redo my roof in sugarland texas. He

Customer Question

I contracted a roofer to redo my roof in sugarland texas. He removed the old shingles and just put tar paper and left. The ceiling collapsed in one of the spare bedrroms. He has made numerous empty promises and it wasn't until I told him that I was going to have it inspected that he got his act together. What are my options?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me the approximate amount for:

a) Damage that the collapsed ceiling caused, and

b) What it would cost to fix it?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The roofer fixed the collapsed roof but the workmanship of the roof installed is very sloppy and unprofessional according to the inspector. Also he didn't pull a permit,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The inspector found numerous area where the nails were exposed because they were installed too low and showing. ridge vent holes appear to have been covered with felt paper to stop ventiliation. Also I don't have a copy of the warranty.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Please tell me the approximate amount for:

b) What it would cost to fix it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please just help me via text... this website keeps adding charges to my credit card
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

This should not be. Unless you specifically signed up for something like a subscription plan, you should not be charged more than once. However, I am not in charge of billing and do not even handle billing matters. You can contact customer service if you'd like and straighten this out and then we can continue. Their number is *****

I cannot send messages via text, I am afraid.

Let me know when/if you are ready to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much is this call going to cost me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you a lawyer in texas
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I am an attorney out of Texas. I cannot see your billing profile but I believe your question is valued at $36.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.. that's right... are you telling me that you can't answer my question via text? just phone call which adds another 52 dollars to the 36
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

The phone call is at a premium - indeed - meaning an extra $52.

The online conversation is at $36 at this point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok... I need to catch a flight... this was totally a waste of time.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you feel that way. All I did was ask you how much the damage was, which is required for me to tell you what your options are, since this decides the jurisdiction of any legal action someone in your situation can take.

You never told me, and then we veered off into billing questions. I never got to provide my answer.

I will let customer service know to credit you for the question since you seem to be cancelling it. Have a good flight.