Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

If delaware supreme court rule 57 states a LLC cannot file a

Customer Question

if delaware supreme court rule 57 states a LLC cannot file a complaint without filing form 50, Justice of the peace allows complaint and then trial as well and grants possession what avenues are available to me to stop the writ and have it vacated
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Even the JP court rules require a corporate entity to file a Form 50. So if the LLC did not file the form 50, your first step is to file a motion to vacate judgment and for reconsideration and you need to cite non-compliance with Rule 57. If the JP court refuses to vacate, then you need to file a notice of appeal and motion to stay execution and then file the appeal to the Court of Common Pleas. For a regular judgment, you have 15 days to appeal from date of the judgment, but if this is a landlord tenant issue you have only 5 days to file your appeal.