Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

, I have a group of programmers overseas, they are

Customer Question

Customer: Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a group of programmers overseas, they are getting paid from the US company. This company requires them to fill W9 form to get payments because all of them using US account to receive payments so I wonder how they get their own EIN or if they all can use one EIN of my company
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They would have to obtain a "non-resident alien" tax ID from the IRS, which means they also would have to file a non-resident tax return as well and they would have to claim the money put into their US accounts as money earned out of the country so as to not be taxed on the payments.