Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Roseann is my name. I was considering having a kitchen

Customer Question

Customer: Roseann is my name. I was considering having a kitchen remodel. I was told by Home Depot that Florida Law requires that I pay the entire sum up-front. Is that true?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Kitchen remodel including new cabinets, requires some demolition and some reconstruction. Since the contractor works for Home Depot - and I have never seen their work, I am leery to pay the entire cost up front. I don't know what my protection is at that point.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I'll wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You told me about $18 - and the site requires a $5 deposit and a $31 payment. That is not very accurate to "around $18".
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does Florida Law require that a person pay a contractor - 100% of the cost of the work - up front?
Is there a requirement as to the amount that must be paid up front - according to the law?If you charge me $36 for this answer - I will not be pleased.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Ma'am I am happy to assist you.

But I expect to be compensated if my assistance is helpful.

THe site charges $36 (of which I receive a small portion)...if you do not want to pay let me know and I can get your question cancelled and a refund issued.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That would be appropriate as you are licensed in the State of Arizona. My question is specific to the State of Florida. Thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Do I understand correctly that the contractor is stating that Florida law requires he be paid in full before completing, or even starting a remodeling job? Has he presented you a contract stating this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This question is closed per the website.
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Oh. Did you want it closed or answered?