Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I want to appeal a justice court decision. Yes they did fix

Customer Question

I want to appeal a justice court decision. Yes they did fix my mower but: the owner did not relay the problem to the mechanic. Mechanic thus did much unnesesary work to find and fix the problem. Work order states "won't do nothing" and mechanic statements to me indicated he was not told anything. Many lies were told in the answer to my complaint with no documentation to back them up. The JP decision was Mower got fixed so, end of case. Do I have grounds to appeal?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The good news -- if you decide to appeal -- is that JP cases are heard de novo, which means that they are tried anew....so you essentially get a "do over" and what happened at the JP trial is really irrelevant.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Thus, you're in fairly good shape in terms of trying to convince the new judge that the work done was unnecessary and that the bill you received was much higher than reasonably necessary.