Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

Interested in dissolving a verbal project with a prospective

Customer Question

Customer: Interested in dissolving a verbal project with a prospective shareholder in a Sub-S company. We drafted a proposed agreement but it wasn't finalized.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We offered a potential 15% equity stake verbally. The person is a mechanical engr which worked on developing a potential product. He has proved very hard to work with and its not working out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: what are the legal ramifications of rescinding the offer ?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

You're going to be able to terminate this arrangement with no recourse. In order to have a binding agreement, there must be a full accord and satisfaction on all the terms and conditions of the contractual arrangement. If you had a proposed agreement which was never finalized, it clearly indicates that there remained issues yet to be resolved between you. As a result, there would have been no full accord and satisfaction between you and thus no binding contractual arrangement. Therefore, you can terminate the prospective arrangement.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!