Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I own an bread route in NY. I received a breach of contract

Customer Question

I own an Arnold bread route in NY. I received a breach of contract letter from the parent company (bimbo) I was told I have 3 days to cure it or I lose my business (they take control until it is sold) I have asked several times if there is a cure and they say no.
Is this legal? can I lose y route?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. Can you please upload the letter so we can review it?

2. Did they say how or why they believe you are in breach?

3. Does they say how to cure the breach? (it appears not)

4. What does your contract say about what happens if you default on the agreement?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1. Can you please upload the letter so we can review it?2. Did they say how or why they believe you are in breach? inadequate supply3. Does they say how to cure the breach? (it appears not) no, it is for excessive stale in which they use rigged nubers toraise the final numbers4. What does your contract say about what happens if you default on the agreement?

2. Did they say how or why they believe you are in breach? inadequate supply

3. Does they say how to cure the breach? (it appears not) no, it is for excessive stale in which they use rigged nubers toraise the final numbers