CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
71563194

If a corporation gives me a power of attorney to act in all

Customer Question

If a corporation gives me a power of attorney to act in all ways for them, can I evict in NC as an individual and not as a corporation?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

A "power of attorney" only permits you to sign as the corporation's agent or representative, it does not give you the ability to represent the entity in court (only a licensed attorney can do that).

If the corporation assigns its property interests to you (transfers an ownership interest in the real property that is being leased), you could then prosecute the eviction of your land, but you cannot evict someone off of land belonging to somebody else (one of the elements that a plaintiff must show in an eviction action is an ownership interest in the subject property - not merely an assignment of right).