Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

My fiances car was impounded finance company said they had

Customer Question

my fiances car was impounded finance company said they had to secure the vehicle until the 30 days were up within tht time the truck payment was made nd up to date she paid for whatever fee she needed to so they can realese the vehicle.as we arrive there we notice it was a repo company we waitied for the vehicle to arrive to find it completly striped of all of my property including the change i had. to make thinhgs worst i called the finace company nd till yesterday found out they charge 300 just for release
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They are liable for all of your personal property that was in the truck at the time of repossession and the towing company/repossession company and the lender who ordered the repossession are jointly and severally liable to you for that property. You have the right to sue them in small claims court for the value of all of that property and you should do so, since they had no right to take your personal property AND they were supposed to give you access to your vehicle after the repossession to recover your personal property. So you need to sue them for this in small claims court and seek damages from them for taking your personal property.