Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I formed two Delaware corporations in 2014 with two

Customer Question

Hello:
I formed two Delaware corporations in 2014 with two different groups of individuals who were officers. The corporations disbanded within two months of formation.
We have not filed Franchise Tax reports and I understand that Delaware will void the corporations.
Will Delaware come after us legally after the corporations are voided?
This is very difficult for me because none of the individuals are talking to each other.
To me, this void status sounds like the way to go.
Your thoughts?
Tom Willer (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

If you previously complied with all corporate formalities and simply decided to walk away from the business, leaving the corporation's franchise taxes unpaid, there should be no personal liability arising from those obligations. This happens all the time. However, if you continue the corporation's business in this state of affairs, then you are inviting what is known as "successor liability" for the corporation's obligations.