Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

T
, I have customers here in Texas that are getting

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** T Davis
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have customers here in Texas that are getting slower and slower on invoices that are for service rendered in the claims insurance billing. Supposed to pay on or before the 20th of the month and some are going to the 10th and 15th of the month following. This is Texas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Business Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not heard back. When should I expect an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not gotten an answer yet..... When should I expect a reply?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the limit of Late Charges I can charge a customer in Texas?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have an amount specified in your contract with the customers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

What is the basis of the charged amount? In other words, what did you sell them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They use our Clearing house for their claims. There is a monthly charge for these services. The monthly payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Nothing physical is sold.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

All right. The normal maximum amount of interest on a "charge" like this is 6% per year if you want to avoid any chance of usury claims.

Unfortunately, the website that I use for Texas statutes appears to be down right now so I can't give you a link to the section. It goes offline pretty regular but is usually back up within a few hours.