Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

My ex husband and I are 50% each on a business that he souly

Customer Question

My ex husband and I are 50% each on a business that he souly runs. I no longer have a key or even access to the bank books as he took me off the account . ( Paul has forged a paper agreeing that either of us can take the other off the bank account at any time. The bank agrees that it isn't my signature on the papers.). I receive no cash profits but my schedule K reflects that I recieve A profit. .i need to know my rights. I currently pay taxes on profits I don't see also he won't buy me out he just wants me to sign over my half for no benifits .
Category: Business Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. I understand you want to know your rights..but in what context? Ae you asking if you can demand a larger share of the business?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get off the business but I think Paul should either buy me out or pay me the profits he has claimed to the irs. My phone is dying can you email me .***@******.*** I have my iPad with me but currently waiting for tires
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Ma'am I am sorry, but I can not do email. I can offer a phone call if you desire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone has one percent:( can we chat later
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Certainly. I am available most of the day.