MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I am a realtor, my broker has been added to a lawsuit on a

Customer Question

I am a realtor, my broker has been added to a lawsuit on a trip and fall on a property that I managed...they cant touch her because she is a llc...I am worried they will add my name to this......if I do an llc before that happens am I protected? Thank you, Gelinda
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If someone tripped and fell at a property, they typically go after the homeowner's/commercial insurance policy as a third-party.

Although they cannot touch your broker personally, they can get a judgment against the LLC.

Furthermore, you will not be able to retroactively create an LLC to try to avoid the liability. You needed to be incorporated at the time of the incident.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome. Please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.