Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

Are there legitimate work at home jobs claims processors?

Customer Question

Are there legitimate work at home jobs for small claims processors?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

There is no business called Small Claims Processing LLC authorized to do business in Louisiana - which means they also cannot hire employees or have you do work for them. So, this is not a legal business opportunity. Also, no legitimate company is going to charge you to work for them.

The nature of what it takes to process small claims judgments makes it difficult for someone to do from home unless they have received significant training and experience in the area first. Most people don't want to just up and pay, so getting the money can involve a significant amount of searching for people, filing liens, seeking wage garnishments, and even going back to court. So, while it may be possible for someone legitimate to do that from a home office, I would be highly suspicious of anyone offering to give you a job for just a small, upfront training fee. That's the #1 sign of a scam.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been looking for a legitimate work from home jobs for months and have not been successful. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you Lucy.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I've not yet stumbled across one of these companies that appears to be legitimate. We're unfortunately not able to recommend specific companies, even if I did know of some. I'm only able to state that you should not pay anyone for the privilege of working for them. Legitimate companies will pay to train you.