Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I own a restaurant in NY. a vendor is claiming that I owe m

Customer Question

I own a restaurant in NY. a vendor is claiming that I owe him for product delivered from 2008 thru 2012. Is there a statute of limitations on this?
thanx
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, there is an applicable statute of limitations. Whether or not there was a written agreement, this was an open account, or this was a verbal agreement, under N.Y. Civ. Prac. Laws & Rules § 201 et. seq., the statute of limitations is 6 years.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!