Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I train dogs in my county here in Texas. I am licensed in

Customer Question

I train dogs in my county here in Texas. I am licensed in Texas, and at one time when I was training dogs outside Texas, I held a federal licenses to do so. I no longer to outside Texas trainer, (have not done so for several years), and therefore there was no need to renew my federal license, but kept my Texas license.
Now, my county says because I do not have a federal license, they want to revoke my state license/registration. It has never been, nor is it a requirement to have a federal license to maintain a state license.
Basically the requlations say I must have “A, B and C” to be licensed, which I do, and itrs very clear. Then they (the county) say I need “Z” to have a license, and that has never, ever been a requirement, nor is it now.
The county prosecutor is fresh out of school, (13 months), and has no idea what she is talking about. Any case law on this type of situation?
Any advise/case law is helpful.
Marcus
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Can you please cite the federal and state regulations, so that I don't have to research that information before looking for the case law? Also, if the county has provided you with any local ordinance, please cite that, too.

Thanks in advance.