MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

A company that i trust to protect my personal information

Customer Question

A company that i trust to protect my personal information just compromise them. How can i sue that company?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. Can you please provide me with more information, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Experian servers have been compromised. The attacker download all information about me that can lead to an identity theft. Also due to my job, I fear for my family and my own security.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

Just so that I understand, you are saying that Experian was hacked and your information was compromised and you are wanting to know if you have a basis upon which to sue Experian?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because they are supposed to protect my personal information. Now I do not feel secure at all.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

You can either hire an attorney to file suit or you can do so yourself. You would need to file a Complaint and allege that they were in some way negligent and that their negligence resulted in the hack. You would then need to prove money damages.

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you so much.