J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

Can file a lawsuit against a bank teller that printed out my

Customer Question

Can file a lawsuit against a bank teller that printed out my bank statement and gave it to another person?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:

(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and

(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.

Sorry that a bank did that. Unless there is damage as a result of the bank's action the customer would not be able to recover money for the bank being negligent in providing a person an account statement. While the act is negligent the bank account holder must show they suffered actual loss, i.e. someone drained their bank account.

It would be in your best interest to close this account and open a new account with another bank.

All my best & encouragement.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated “ok” (3 stars) or higher. If for any reason you feel that a low rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" tab.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.

Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I realize rating takes an extra step and I appreciate you taking the time to do so.