Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I had a company called "Tax Advisor" get ahold of the IRS in

Customer Question

I had a company called "Tax Advisor" get ahold of the IRS for me in 2013 to see about lowering my taxes of 15000 dollars. After I spent 2250.00 dollars with them I got no relief. The IRS sent me a letter after a few months to tell me that I now had a penalty to pay plus all the tax I owed. Do I have any recourse ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Whether you have any recourse depends on the service contract you signed with them. Can you upload that for us to review?