A customer of my SAAS company split and are fighting over account ownership. I'd like to know who should get ownership.
Here are the sequence of events so far.
1. Bob from Company A is the original account owner as he was the person who signed up. Bob's credit card is used to pay the account every month.
2. Bob was a customer for many months and has called in and worked with my staff on all matters pertaining to Company A.
3. Bob contacts us using the email registered to his account requesting:
"I need to have my business
info updated on my account due to a new LLC
Company name: Company B
Laura will be the point of contact on this account from here on out. "
4. Bob also changes the payment credit card on file. The name on the new credit card is neither Bob or Laura.
5. Despite this change, Bob was still the person to call/contact my staff regarding the account. My staff assisted him because they are familiar with him.
6. Bob called and had the account name and details changed back to his name, under a new company name and had Laura's name removed as contact.
7. The following day, Laura calls because she cannot access her account. When she finds out that Bob disabled her login, she tells us he is no longer authorized to access the account.