Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I was contacted by Mr. Mac Myers about me winning the award

Customer Question

I was contacted by Mr. Mac Myers about me winning the award named " Winners International for Senior Citizens. does this award exist?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Unfortunately, this is a scam. Hopefully, you have not sent them any money yet! There are a myriad of consumer complaints against this group. Here's the thing that will confirm that it's a scam for you. You should never send them any money up front or provide them any information about your bank accounts. If they want you to pay them anything to get your money, it's a scam. If there is in fact money available to you, they can easily simply deduct any expenses, taxes, fees, etc., from the money. if they tell you this is not possible, it's because there is in fact no money from which to deduct these costs. There are no sets of circumstances where you have truly won money that you should have to do anything but receive your money net of any expenses. If they tell you otherwise, all that tells you is there is no money waiting for you and you are being scammed.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I wish I could tell you this is legitimate, but, I can only provide you information based on the law and my experience so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!