Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

I bought and leased a business from a corporation and they

Customer Question

hi, i bought and leased a business from a corporation and they gave ma a 5 year and two 5 years option, the leased was between 2 corporation , corporation A belong to old owner and corporation B belonged to new owner but we learned that the previous owner had dissolved the Corporation A after signing the lease ( the same day he signs a lease and than dissolves his corporation). So where do we stand on the lease and what r our option
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

So I understand, you have a lease with corporation A which is now dissolved, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would be my options now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir i have not received the answer yet

Are you still paying on the lease? If so, whom are you paying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its been just one month and the for next month rent the property owner said make the check to different corporation and I told him that the lease is under different corporation he told me it will be ok, he also has a mortgage and the property with county appraisal website is also listed under the corporation he closed. I am suspicious about him and his activities

The ease must be revised to reflect the actual lessor, not the dissolved corporation. A dissolved corporation has no authority to act and it is dangerous to make payments to a dissolved corporation and not the actual entity that owns the building or the owner's property management company or someone with authority to accept payment on behalf of the property owner.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for you cooperation. Thank you.